Wednesday, January 25, 2006

DisAppointment



Yup. I'm finished with the herringbone poncho. Just finished crocheting the seams and had hubby take pic. Ugh. I no likey. Maybe it's just the way I look in it. It's too tight. It's too white. The seam doesn't look right. And according to knit and tonic, ponchos are "out". Now, that being said if I want to wear a poncho I'll wear a poncho. I'm no slave to fashion. However, I don't like the way this one looks. What to do with it? I would give it to one of my sisters, but this poncho was partially knit while in India so it has sentimental value. It just does not look good enough to wear out of the house. PLus you should see the shirt I had under it. Loaded with white fuzzies. I look like I had a lovefest with a white cat. Haha! Speaking of cats...Note the scratching post in the backround. Kitty has all but worn out a good portion of it. This is a good thing because previously it was the couch. Ok so this is my motivational off to the gym you go pic....

4 comments:

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

I like wearing my poncho to and from yoga/working out. I also like to wear it as a skirt over another skirt. It is fun angle look... this one might be a bit long for that but..
I like the way it came out, other than the head tilting factor, tee hee.

FaeryCrafty said...

Very nice :)

Anonymous said...

Did you have any trouble with the pattern? This is the poncho from the LMKG right? Another question...did you use the yarn it called for or did you try something else? Thanks, Adina

Becca said...

Hi Adina-
I used frog tree alpaca instead of the yarn called from, and yes it is from LMKG. The herringbone attern itself was super easy to get the hang of. I think I just don't like the drape of this particular yarn.