Saturday, January 28, 2006

Just waiting for the torch to get lit


OK, signed up for Yarn Harlot's knitting olympics today, decided to knit the slip stitch shoulder cozy from Wrap Style. I also decided to join team goth, because, I have always had a little goth in me. Now less than circa 1990 something. Anybody hear me on this? I was out seeing bands like; NIN ( in such a small club that Trent brushed my shoulder as he walked by), Killing Joke, Meat Beat Manifesto, every week I saw a different band. Great bands were always playing at The Fast Lane in Asbury Park. Friday and Saturday. I think I spent almost every weekend there. Ahh those were the days. Out every weekend, not a care in the world 21 and having a great time. Sporting my doc martins, punking out the hair (oh yeah, Jersey girl hair) and the makeup. Hanging with my friends. Skipping in a large circle in the mosh pit. Now that was a great time. I also had the pleasure of meeting quite a few of the people in the bands as the guy I was dating was so into music, he'd just start talking to these guys. I met Henry Rollins in the basement of The Fast Lane. If you have to ask who's that, Um, let's just say I thought of him as a punk God. Lead singer of Black Flag (whom I saw), then had his own band, Henry Rollin's band, then went on to do The Spoken word, and was in a couple movies here and there. Anyhew, cool experience, he has a tattoo of a sun on his back. So, I'm glad you joined me on this walk down memory lane. I like(d) punk, industrial,progressive,alternative, whatever you want to call it. It was fun, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

4 comments:

Elspeth said...

So is there some common location of Team Goth or do you just put the button up? I was thisclose to Trent in L.A. once as well and my friend and I saw all the Wax Trax bands that came through D.C. (and some in NYC). Ah, memories.

Elspeth said...

P.S. Henry Rollins got kicked out of my high school (Bullis) but I never met him.

Jen (pieKnits) said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! Great mendhi too, what a talented cousin. Your blue sari looks a Lot like one I wore in India for my wedding too. Also lovin' the Team Goth, good luck on the shoulder cozy!

Becca said...

Elspeth,I just put the button up. I'm not sure where to link it to.
Pieknits, thanks! I also noticed the similarity in sari colors.