Sunday, March 26, 2006

SOS knitting injury

I have been knitting so much preparing for yesterday's craft fair. It was horrible. I split the table with my stepfather who is into the photog thing. He made $20.00 above the table expense. I sold 1 hat and did not even cover the expense of the table. Personally, I don't have time for that. I don't want to waste my hard-earned money on that. I have reached a conclusion about craft fairs. You know who makes cash? The people who paint wood. The booth next to mine consistently sold stuff, painted wood stuff. Does she paint all that wood herself? Does she paint on each indivigual blush and eyeball on the rabbits? Or does she order it from china wholesale? Also the woman behind me (who was very nice) was selling dog bandanas. Making a killing on these things. I tell you, people do not appreciate a quality knit product. I had a woman look at a baby hat, how much? she asks, response- $5.00. she walks away. FIVE DOLLARS is TOO MUCH TO PAY FOR a ONE OF A KIND HAT?????????? Um, thanks but no thanks (oh, ps, this craft fair was in a neighborood where the average price of a house is from 700,000 to 900,000 bucks). I think I will stick to making gifts for people and knitting for myself. I appreciate it, they appreciate it. Everyone is happy. As far as the injury, my wrist is done. Even typing this hurts. I have a big swollen wrist. Either too much knitting or, I hurt it at the gym. Yes, I'm still going to the gym (3 times thus far this week). I have not stepped foot in LWExpress in 2 weeks, only because I'm paying them. Ha, ha.

No comments: