Sunday, June 25, 2006

Free Recipe Sunday


I love to cook. Have I mentioned that? This is a salad I made with last night's dinner. This is all that is left from a very large bowl. Hubby ate it all!!!!! Very easy recipe!!!!
1-2 bags of cherry tomatoes on the vine(or fresh
if you have them)
5 ears of fresh corn (or you can use 1-2 cans)
2 cucumbers sliced and deseeded
1/4 red onion sliced really thin
1 avocado cut into chunks (optional)
kosher salt and pepper to taste
olive oil
rice wine vinegar ( I used the red pepper flake
variety)

Using a whisk, mix rw vinegar and olive oil together in equal parts to taste. Add tomaotes, onions, cucumbers and salt. Let this mixture sit for about 1/2 hour. Add remaining ingredients, stiring well. Let sit at room temp to marinate, then enjoy!!! I served this last night with italain meatloaf . Wednesday night I served it with foccacia (homemade~ well butoni boxed mix homemade). Today I am going to try baking Madellines. I faithfully watch The Barefoot Contessa. She made coconut madelline's last week, so after I find the pans I need I will try it. Here's a pic of one of the greatest fans of my cooking. She loves it all, especially fish night!!!!!

No comments: