Friday, July 07, 2006

Feltin' Friday



Time to felt. The washing machine is currently running in the backround as I felt another Bag. I'm into the pink and green thing this summer. I tried a different flower for this one. I am noting that one particular problem with the long process of felting is that my water temp. in washer is not hot, even though I have it set at hot. I had a busy morning, went out to pennsie to LYS in Yardley, YKnotKnit. I had a gift certificate sitting there for months. So I spent it. More Cascade 220... And some bulky wool, that, well, it's a suprise. Let's just say I'm working on a pattern of my own for a bag. I saw something in a magazine and I said, hmmm I can do that. So it's trial and error time. On the gardening front, here's an idea of how those "cute, pretty" deer destory greenary. I am mad, this portulaca was my FAVORITE plant (refer back to WMAO post and you will see how beautiful it was) They even began to pull the indivigual plants out of the ground . This is the first year they have been interested in this plant. Probably a baby doe. They have also eaten most of my beautiful hosta plant, my roses and moonflowers. Nuisance. So I will leave you with a pic of my kitty. We have decided to forgo giving her canned food. She gets sick everytime. So, we will stick with the dry kibble and hopefully she will gain back a pound. My sweet little girl....

2 comments:

Charity said...

The pink and green is great! I always find it fascinating how the whole felting process works.

Becca said...

The bag is blocking right now, went through 7 wash cycles. My hubby is going to freak out when the water bill comes :)