Sunday, August 06, 2006

Free Recipe Sunday

Going to a family get together today and decided to bake a plum tart. This Recipe is from the BareFoot Contessa. One of my favorite cooking shows. You need a 9-10 inch false bottom tart pan. I found mine at Michael's Arts and Crafts. (it came in a three pack, this was middle size pan)
mix 1 cup flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar and 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts in a mixer.
add 1 egg yolk and 1+1/2 sticks of butter (chilled and chopped in small pieces) until mixture is crumbly. Take 1+1/2 cups of mixture and press into pie tart for crust. Slice 5-6 plums into half moon shapes. Arrange plums in a lotus pattern on crust, cover with remaining mixture. Bake at 400' for 40-50 minutes. Everyone at the get together enjoyed this. It was gone really fast. Here is pic of finished pocketbook. I'm proud of it, my first bag pattern. I need to tweak the handle connection because it's a little too tight, but otherwise I'm satisfied with the results. I have also been working on the peace tote, check it out.. Almost finished with the front. Now my question is should I do the back in solid blue, yellow or a mixture of the two. Anyone want to share an opinion?

3 comments:

FaeryCrafty said...

Yummmmmmmmmmm!!!

Charity said...

Love the pocketbook, very nice! My opinion on the peace tote, since you asked :0) is a solid blue. Not so thrilling to knit, but still.

Becca said...

Thanks Charity and Stacey! I am going to go with the solid blue. I finished the front 2 nights ago. I have to order more yarn (ugh) thank goodness for the internet!!!