Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Greetings from south cacalackie


My "baby" cousin got married last weekend so hubby and I spent some time in Charleston, SC. Nice place. The family rented a very large home on Isle of the Palm. BeaUtiful home. I found it very easy to find places once we were there. If a sign says something is somewhere that's where it is. Trust me that is not the case in NJ. We arrived early wednesday, had lunch at Coconut Joe's right on the beach. Then I went in search of a yoga studio I had looked up via the internet. I enjoyed the class I took. Just what you need after flying is a nice yoga class. The first pic here is at the rehearsal dinner. My lovely Auntie, the bride and groom. The rehearsal dinner was in the house the brides family rented which was a mansion right on the beach. Lovely. I took my knitting with me but, did not even finish a hat. Too much other stuff going on. This second pic is my other cousin with my grandmother. She looked so pretty. My mom and I also wore purple. On thursday my cousin, his wife and me and hubby checked out Wild Wing's Cafe. Holy makeral you have to go. We ate 75 wings between the 4 of us (really the only time I seriously went off my diet). They have something like 80 different wing sauces. Yum!!!! So it was a lovely wedding. Very elegant and the bride looked lovely. The first time I met her was at my wedding and she fit right in with my crazy family. Welcome to the clan. All in all the trip was a nice one and hubby and I would like to go back for a tour. We really only rode through downtown charleston and did not get to see much of the city itself.

1 comment:

FaeryCrafty said...

What a beautiful bride :)