Monday, November 20, 2006

peace


The peace tote is finished! phew! That was alot of work. I don't think I'm a big fan of the intarsia thing. Weaving in those ends seemed to take forever. I am thinking I may want to felt the bag additionally, what do you think??? I think it can shrink a little more. I stuffed about 10 balls of yarn in it in this pic. It's wrinkly also. I dried it over the back of one of my kitchen chairs, because I did not have enough plastic bags to fill it. So I guess I'm slightly disappointed.
What a day today was. I was going out to the post office and I forgot my husband's truck was behind me and CRASH. Yup cracked up the bag of my little car. Pretty badly. Oy. Put a nice big crack and dent in his car. My head was just not in the moment. A million thoughts swirling around. Yet another reason to start meditating again. So I had taken the day off of work for some doctor related stuff, and I took a 2 hour nap. My body is telling me to slow down. My husband is telling me to slow down. I think I am, but I guess not enough. I need a vacation, yeah, that's it. A month or so in the Carribean would help me slow down. HAHA HA. No pressure no problem mon. better start playing the lottery.

1 comment:

Charity said...

Oh, Becca, I'm sorry to hear things are so crazy right now! Do take some time for yourself, even if it's hard to fit it in, and just relax and refresh!

Love the finished peace bag! I'm not a big fan of intarsia, either, at least actually doing it, but it looks so nice once finished. The bag could probably stand a bit more felting, if you wanted to try, and then you might be able to get the wrinkles out, too.