Sunday, January 06, 2008

The Faerie scarfs



I started making these scarfs and the only thing that kept coming to mind was that they reminded me of faeries for some reason. I'm using handspun ozark yarn for the fringe. The yarn is so gorgeous. I actually made a shawl with it too. The first is the Forest Faerie scarf, you can view it here and see additional pics via the link http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8559070

I think it came out lovely. I knew I wanted to use this yarn with this particular scarf as soon as I spotted it at Pins and Needles. I have yet to make myself a scarf with a skein I have had for over a year now in a teal color. I bought it when Bootsie was so sick, I decided to make it a memorial scarf, so every time I wear it I would think of her. I have yet to make it...I still get sad :( I love the girls, they are the greatest and they have captured my heart (each one of them) but I will always love my bootsie. Anyway, I also posted this second faerie scarf today, it is called the Snow Faerie scarf. I love it. It's perfect for this time of the year when love is in the air...All the gorgeous colors of plums and pinks, yet, still has some neutrality to it...http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8769571 you can check out additional pics of it at the link.. There are so many talented artisians on Etsy, I still can't believe it!!!! I want to post some of the other etsians items on here but I want to ask if it's ok to copy people's pics before I do so.

No comments: