Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Featured Etsy Artist- LiciaBeads



I haven't done this in awhile, so here is the Featured Etsy artist, December version. LiciaBeads. her lovely Etsy shop can be found here.
These lovely Honeysuckle vine earrings can be found here. They are so unique and I love pink and green.
How did you start your craft?
My background in beading.... started in 1990 when I butted in on what my sister and her friend were doing with those beads. I started out with simple seed beaded single strand jewelry in school, selling them to students (usually with names of girlfriends or boyfriends). I was able to use more semi precious stones when the teachers asked for custom work. It was always fun to put real stones in jewelry, and I still enjoy the chance to use something more "elaborate" than my standard items that I tend to work with.

Off and on for the past 18 years I have collected, some would say amassed several thousand dollars worth of beads. I say that, but they are so small and innocent looking. Leaving the bead store with the smallest bag ob beads and findings can still amount to several hundred dollars. They really are amazing how they add up!
These stunning teal and glass lampwork earrings can be found here.


When did you start sharing your wonderful talent with people on Etsy?
I had been selling off and on and giving plenty of gifts but only this year got serious (or as serious as my budget would afford) about selling my jewelry. I found Etsy via the various fiber blogs that I had been reading over the winter (as I knit as well) and decided to toss my small hat into the oceanic sized ring that are the Etsy beaded jewelry makers.


This super pretty necklace is perfect for the Happiknits color palette! Aptly named April necklace is reminds me of spring...I LOVE it!! check it out here

I am still gathering useful information from the wonderfully generous community that is Etsy, and enjoy being a part of it. I think it is fantastic that individual artists are able to sell to people around the world and be in direct contact with each other.


Licia's shop is lovely and full of awesome jewels, I see a stunning display of her craftmanship in her Textural Atmosphere necklace. A challenge piece for the Etsy Beadweaver's challenge~ I love good team challenge! It is gorgeous! check out some additional photos here . Also you can visit her blog at http://www.liciapots.blogspot.com/










No comments: