Sunday, March 22, 2009

Finding Inspiration


Confessions of a serial Etsy shopper will continue next friday~


I have been feeling as though I am in a bit of a slump as of late. Maybe it's a change of season thing, but I was feeling a little uninspired. To the point of...(gasp)...not wanting to even knit. Goodness I never thought I would hear myself say those words. Mr. S said maybe I'm just burnt out. I think he was right. I took about a week off from going non-stop. This is what I do. I always have. The yoga training has definetly helped, alot. I do wake up in the middle of the night, ideas swirling around in my brain. Wide awake. I use my breathing exercises and I'm sleeping in no time. Anyway, back to the slump. I decided to just chill. I think it worked. Yes, it worked well. I had gone on a hunt for some vintage lace and hit paydirt. So...I started to use some of it. I will tell you I was inspired by Altered Couture and Bonzie's beautiful tattered jacket. Talented ladies! I love the look of the vintage lace mixed with vintage findings and a sort of reckless abandon look. So you are listening to my inspiration music(sorry, no sarah on the playlist!), a bit of Sarah Brightman. I had this on the Ipod while piecing together and sewing the capelet .

2 comments:

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Whatever techique you are using, music, breathing, etc, it is obviously working. This capelet is amazing!

-Francesca

Becca said...

Thank you Francesca :)