Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Reviving Millinery Flowers

I love millinery flowers~

My last trip to the antique market it seemed to be vintage button and millinery flower day. I did buy some vintage lace, but for the most part it was flowers. In possession of a large quantity I sought help with "reviving" these millinery flowers. Some great people in the Etsy forums gave me the suggestion of putting the kettle on the stove and holding the flowers in the steam. Suggestion: I used a metal pair of tongs to hold the flower; that steam is HOT! lol... Anyway, wanted to post some of the flowers before and after, they came out great!! I was encouraged this weekend while out in the very hip Asbury Park , at the Asbury Lanes, I noted quite a few girls with large flowers in their hair. Very cute! Could be the newest trend! Stay tuned, I am working on some hats with these cute flowers~ *sigh* I shouldn't keep them all for myself.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! These flowers are simply adorrrrable. :) Kudos to you for snagging them. And yes, I do think they will be the next trend!

Be sure and pop by and leave a note!!

-Laila
www.randomweavings.blogspot.com

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Love millinery flowers! Great tips for restoring them to new life! Thank you!

Beth Dunn said...

beautiful! xoxo

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Becca those are gorgeous! What a great find!
I'm simply drooling over all your capelets. I'm going to save my pennies. I must have one!
bunny hugs,
shell

Unknown said...

Love the flowers, too bad I don't live closer, it would be fun to go "hunting" with you!Your new fall line is fab, just love the details!