Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Where Bloggers Create II Late to the party

Welcome Dear Friends! I am so sorry to be late to the party! I"m so happy you stopped by to visit me and see my creative studio space. It is a work in progress. And I decided to take the pictures of it exactly how it appears on a daily basis. A little disorganized, but It works for me. I love to be surrounded by beautiful vintage items. I also will keep a piece that I am working on, displayed on the mannequin until I find the perfect finishing accent for it. I find this really helps my creative process, although I have learned to limit it to 1 or 2 pieces only :) I have a little "nook" to sit and knit, but most of my knitting is done (confession here) in front of the tv. As a matter of fact, I really can't watch tv unless I am knitting! I usually do my hand sewing in this lovely space, early in the morning while the birds are chirping with a nice big cup of coffee. My desk has lots of inspiring items on it! I also created a mood board, suggested by my neigbour Donna. Who is a creative genius and has helped me so much in my journey! I try to change the board periodically, especially when I am stuck. I have a huge collection of vintage buttons that I have some of the prettiest ones displayed. When my customers come over to shop, they can pick and choose what buttons they would like on their pieces. Alot of the buttons are in the vintage cotainers they were discovered at the market in. Also stunning bits of lace and trims that were a gift from Donna :)



More buttons!



I am thinking of honing my sewing skills with some vintage dresses!




My birthday present from Mom this year, a very professional, super fun to use iron!



Thank you for stopping by to visit me! I am looking forward to seeing your creative space!!

8 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love your creative space. What a great idea keeping a mood board and updating it!

Sharon said...

Becca, your creative space is so inspiring--the wonderful light, the openness, the supplies so artfully displayed, the cool music--no wait, that music is coming from your blog. Anyway, you inspire me to get going on my studio organization. Thanks for sharing your space!

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Your studio space is gorgeous! Those windows are amazing! I love that your room is full of eye candy just waiting for your magical touch. Thanks for sharing. Connie

fireythreads said...

thanks for sharing your studio I love your windows mine dont let in much light I have let the plants grow too high but refuse to cut them . I also enjoyed reading more of your blog and enjoyed your vintage finds and jewellery. thabks so much for sharing

elizabeth

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I so much envy you all those windows - my studio is in the basement with absolutely NO natural light. Thanks for having us in for a visit.

my little Aura said...

Hey Becca! I just tagged you! ;)

http://mylittleaura.blogspot.com/2010/07/tag-youre-it.html

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

Thats a great space, love all the windows and high ceiling... I wish I could knit (not good at it at all), but my mum knits a lot and she does it as well front of the TV and even on the bus. Im a painter, so thank heavens for my mum knitting for us. Lovely space.

Tins and Treasures said...

I love your windows and your dress forms...so much inspiration in your studio.

Yes, I am still making my rounds through the participants in Karen's "Where Bloggers Create" event...and having a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing your creative space with us. ~Natalie